Thursday, January 22, 2009

From my "castle in the clouds"


What a shock to come back
from almost a month of bright sunshine, cool silky blue waters and
pina coladas

to a thick fog blanketing False Creek
so that each morning it seemed as though my blinds were drawn

What a shock to come
from no commitments other than to an intense daily aerobic workout and to mastering a new sentence and new words of Spanish each day

to schedules, appointments and all the things I left undone before I left!

What is one to do?
Luckily I live at Kings Landing so the possibilities are endless. Keep reading for what is upcoming over the next few weeks:

Check out Hilary's Cooking Class - details in the next posting
Book clubs, Film clubs
and my new proposal for those who love music, love to dance (not the scary movie) and want to keep fit at the same time

Congratulations to our Strata Council President, Deb and my fellow council members who were re-elected at our AGM this week. Welcome to Gordon who is replacing Brian on the Council and thanks to Brian for his service during the last year.

Cheers

Gillian

No comments: