Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Sassy Sixties Scooter Chicks

For many of us, King’s Landing represents a major change in lifestyle. The obvious differences for me were switching from a car-dependent, suburban house dweller, fretting about pool, garden and keeping the house in good shape to a down-town denizen, who can walk almost everywhere and only has to worry about switching off the gas burner or cleaning lint from the dryer filter.

What I did not anticipate was how liberating that would be in other ways. Yes, that’s really me, sitting with my far more adventuresome friend on her scooter, having just returned from a jaunt down to Tickets Tonight at the north end of Burrard. See my review of Annie Get Your Gun. I will provide the link in a later posting.

I have never been wild about high-speed activities - except I love rollercoasters – and my family has never been able to figure that one out. I’m the person who gave up down-hill skiing because of pain –in my jaw.

So even though the scooter is not really a high speed vehicle –chug-chug-chug up the hills- apologies to Linda – this may seem like a trivial accomplishment to you, but for me –it ‘s a giant step forward.

Cyclopaths and scootering for me so far,– other new lifestyle changes to be described in the future.

But this KL Newsletter is supposed to be interactive, not my personal blog. My intent is to show how easy it is to share information and ideas. Your contributions are needed if our community newsletter is to thrive. How to do it?

See the comment link below? Have you found a great restaurant, taken up golf, belly-dancing, martial arts? Want to organize a group to share craft tips, learn to rollerblade, try new recipes? Send a paragraph about your King’s Landing lifestyle by clicking on the comment link and posting your thoughts.

No comments: